Limiting content + Monitoring content = Winning the race in teaching safe technology usage. That's what Bark and Pinwheel together can help you achieve! Add on Bark to your subscription for just $5 a month through Pinwheel.
1. Add on Bark during checkout! Bark is integrated into Pinwheel and automatically installed.
If you already have a Pinwheel subscription and would like to add Bark to the existing subscription please reach out to Customer Care here!
2. After checkout in Pinwheel, hit "Set up my account" in the Bark invite email. It will ask you to set your password.
If you do not see your Bark invite email, please check your spam and junk folders. If it is still missing, please contact Bark support to request a new invite email.
3. Follow the setup prompts to add concerns, learn about your child and your needs.
4. Once through the prompts, you'll land on your dashboard. Finish your Setup Checklist to connect your child's social media, email and devices.
Because you are connecting to third party applications with your child's login information, if you/they change their login information it will disconnect from Bark. Rest assured though, you'll be alerted if that happens!
5. Enable the Bark app via the Caregiver Portal and sign into your Bark account. Select your child and accept the permissions prompted.
6. Tap on the bottom right ⚙️ icon, and select "Test Monitoring". You can now exit back to the home screen, but do not log out of Bark.
You can also now choose to disable the Bark app in the Caregiver Portal so that your child does not have access to it. Don't worry, since you stayed logged in and it's integrated with Pinwheel it will never uninstall itself.
7. Log in to Bark on a different device and scroll down to your child or home profile. Select View Profile and click on the Pinwheel device.
8. On the top right, click on the ... icon 💬 and select "Split device".
This will separate the monitoring from the filtering (VPN). When you split, rename the "second device" (the VPN portion) something like "VPN Pinwheel" so you'll know what it is.