The anticipated day when your new Pinwheel phone arrives is here! There are a couple of first steps needed before you can dive into the Pinwheel setup!
1. Create your Caregiver and child accounts by following these instructions.
2. Make sure the phone is fully charged.
Many devices will come with a lower charge than the device is capable of when manufactured and shipped. To ensure a smooth setup, we recommend getting it to 100% before moving forward.
3. Set up your data plan.
We have partnered with Mint Mobile to make this step as easy as possible, but you are also welcome to use a data plan from your existing carrier! Please refer to your mobile carrier (Verizon, T-Mobile, etc.) to set up your device with your existing service.
- Download the Mint Mobile app for iOS or Android.
- "Activate your SIM Card" by typing in the activation code (ACT CODE: included on the card in your Pinwheel package).
- Fill out the information upon request through the Mint Mobile setup process. It will assign a phone number to the ZIP code you enter.
*Pro Tip: Sometimes the SIM card gets packed at the very bottom of the box underneath paper - if you can't find your SIM card please be sure to check the very bottom of the box!
4. Insert the SIM card provided by the cellular provider.
Place the SIM card in the tray, slot 1 and install it into the phone. Make sure it pops correctly into place to ensure it does not fall out. Refer to the picture below. Then either turn on or restart the phone after installing.
5. Connect to WiFi.
Pinwheel devices will not come connected to WiFi networks, you will need to add yours in manually within your Connections Settings. Make sure you have the WiFi name and password and follow these steps to connect.
6. Login with your child's account credentials (created in step 1).
The most important part is done! You've got a phone ready to be customized to you and your child's needs.