Follow along for common issues when trying to Enable Accessibility Service for your Pinwheel Phone!
This is a simple fix to a common issue! Follow-along on this Step-By-Step article and we can fix that issue together!
Sometimes, when trying to enable the Pinwheel OS to access your phone, other apps may be enabled first, keeping your phone from activating the Pinwheel software.
Let's start by going into your settings:
- From the phone's main screen Swipe Down from the top. Then tap the small Gear Settings icon in the top right.
- If you have already tapped 'Okay' when prompted to Enable Service, then you'll already be in the settings. Tap the top left arrow to go back to the main settings page!
- Scroll down and tap Apps.
- Tap the 3 vertical stacked dots in the top right. This will bring up a small menu pop-up.
- Tap Special Access from this menu.
- Pinwheel Slim: Tap Appear on top, Rugged: Tap Draw over other apps.
- Untoggle apps one-by-one, making sure Finder is untoggled (each change may need a moment to register on the device).
- When all previously togged-on apps are untoggled, then go back and re-enable Pinwheel Service.
Please allow your Pinwheel phone to remain connected to wifi and have more than 50% battery while making changes! If the battery is below 50%, it must be plugged in!