In this article...
You can override your kid's mode here. If you want to immediately put them to no mode or everything mode, you can do it here. More about modes here.
- Temporary lockdown. This will set the Pinwheel phone to "No Mode".
- Temporary allow all. This will set the Pinwheel phone to "Everything mode".
The location map on the dashboard shows the current location of the Pinwheel device (which usually means the location of your kiddo) and is updated every few minutes. In order for the Pinwheel device to connect to location, the device either needs a cellular or WiFi connection.
When you log in, you'll see this pop up:
After waiting a few minutes you will see the map pop up with the location of your kiddo. This is provided via Google Maps so you can view and zoom in on the map.
Phone information panel
Right section of the Dashboard
- WiFi. This is to see if the phone is connected to WiFi and which connection it is connected.
- Battery. This is the battery of the current phone, this is updated every few minutes as long as the device is connected. If you're having issues connecting, see if the battery is hovering around 1-10%... the phone may have died.
- Pinwheel ID. This is an ID number of the Pinwheel device, you may need to provide this to Customer Care, more on this here.
- Storage. Current storage of the device. You will want to make sure that when you are setting up the device you're not filling up too much of the storage, your kiddo will want space for photos, videos, etc.
- Usage Summary. This is to see how many hours the phone uses an app and what apps are being used. It also shows who are the top contacts and how many messages were sent to the contact.